International Workshops on Matrices and Statistics
- Tampere, Finland, 6–8 August 1990 (program, videos)
- Auckland, New Zealand, 4–5 December 1992 (report)
- Tartu, Estonia, 28 May 1994 (report)
- Montreal, Quebec, Canada, 15–16 July 1995 (report)
- Shrewsbury, England, 18–19 July 1996 (program,
- Istanbul, Turkey, 16–17 August 1997 (report)
- Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA, 11–14 December 1998, in celebration
of T.W. Anderson’s 80th Birthday (program,
- Tampere, Finland,
7–8 August 1999 (program,
India, 9–13 December 2000, in celebration of C. R. Rao’s
80th Birthday (program, report)
The Netherlands, 2–3 August 2001 (report)
- Lyngby, Denmark, 29–31 August 2002, in celebration of G. P. H.
Styan’s 65th Birthday (report)
- Dortmund, Germany, 5–8 August 2003 (program,
- Bedlewo, Poland, 18–21 August
2004, in celebration of I. Olkin’s 80th Birthday (poster,
- Massey University, Albany Campus,
Auckland, New Zealand, 29 March–1 April 2005 (report)
- Uppsala, Sweden, 13–16
June 2006 (program, report)
- Windsor, Ontario, Canada,
1–3 June 2007, in celebration of G. P. H. Styan’s 70th birthday
- Tomar, Portugal, 22–26 July 2008,
in celebration of T.W. Anderson’s 90th Birthday (poster,
- Smolenice Castle, Slovakia,
23–27 June 2009 (poster,
- Shanghai, China, 5–8
June 2010 (program,
Preface of Abstract Booklet,
- Tartu, Estonia, 27 June to 1 July
2011 (poster, abstracts,
It had to be U -- the SVD song by Michael Greenacre)
- Bedlewo, Poznan, Poland, 16–20 July 2012
- Hosted at the University of Toronto by the Fields Institute, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, 12–15 August 2013, Chair: S. Ejaz Ahmed.
- Ljubljana, Slovenia, 9–12 June 2014.
There was a Linear Algebra Workshop, LAW, taking place from June 4-12, 2014.
- Haikou City, Hainan Province, China,
25–28 May 2015.
IWMS-2015-Program and Abstract-Booklet
- Funchal, Madeira Island, Portugal,
6-9 June 2016.
- 2018, the 26th IWMS, venue open. Co-chairs: S. Ejaz Ahmed and Hans Joachim Werner.
A short history of the International
Workshop on Matrices and Statistics (IWMS) (pdf).
Videos from the conferences in statistics in
Tampere in 1987 and 1990, prepared by Jarmo Niemela and Reijo Sund.
Shayle R. Searle: Pioneer in Linear Modelling.
Article by Jeffrey J. Hunter (2015), in
Australian & New Zealand Journal of Statistics, based on the Memorial Session
Prefaces of the special issues of
Linear Algebra and its Applications
The logo of the 17th IWMS, Tomar, Portugal
A special stamp of the 17th IWMS (pdf).