Timo T. Poranen
Lecturer, PhD, Computer Science
Research and academic
- Research interest: topological graph theory, graph algorithms,
optimization, approximation algorithms, game algorithms,
automatic methods for drawing diagrams in software engineering, software projects, ethics and computer science, informatics education.
- I supervise theses from the following topics: software development, project management, algoritmics, informatics education and information systems (preferebly somehow related to software development).
- List of publications (in English) and
my publication in DBLP Bibliography Server -server.
- Reaserch co-operation with PhD students and postdocs: Are you interested on designing and implementing approximation algorithms
for various topological invariants of graphs (thickness, bookthickness, geometric thickness, k-page crossing number,...)? Please send me
an email for further discussion!
- Member of MESSI (MEthodology for Software System and Information system development) in CIS (The Tampere Research Center for Information and Systems).
- I maintain an on-line bibliography on the thickness, outerthickness, and arboricity of a graph.
Teaching 2016 - 2017 and work related links
Work related information and links
Hobbies and other projects
School of Information Sciences
FI-33014 University of Tampere
Room: Pinni B1023
Office hour: Thursdays 10-11. Because of many project meetings,please propose a meeting time by email.
Look at my schedule to find out when I'm not in the office.
E-mail: timo.t.poranen at uta.fi