- 3.-4.12.2012: Visiting lectures on "Experimental Research Methods for Human-Computer Interaction" by Prof. Scott MacKenzie at UTA. All participants must register for the course, and the fee is waived for the doctoral students of University of Tampere, Tampere Technical University, University of Jyväskylä, and Aalto University (please note, University of Helsinki is NOT included). (UTA students: UTA is not (yet) listed as one of the INFORTE organizations - please put UTA as the billing address to sort this out.) More...
- 27.-28.11.2012: UCIT Fall Seminar at the University of Tampere.
- 20.11.2012: Tomi Heimonen will defend his thesis "Design and Evaluation of User Interfaces for Mobile Web Search" at 12 noon in the Lecture Hall B1097 at University of Tampere, Pinni B building.
- 16.11.2012: Antti Salovaara will defend his thesis "Repurposive Appropriation and Creative Technology Use in Human-Computer Interaction" at 12 noon in the Auditorium 107, University of Helsinki, Siltavuorenpenger 3A, Kruununhaka, Helsinki.
- 9.11.2012: Thomas Olsson will defend his thesis "User Expectations and Experiences of Mobile Augmented Reality Services" at 12 noon in the Auditorium TB109 at Tampere University of Technology (Tietotalo building, Korkeakoulunkatu 3, Tampere).
- 5.10.2012: Jukka Holm will defend his thesis "Visualizing Music Collections Based on Metadata: Concepts, User Studies and Design Implications" at 12 noon in the Auditorium TB109 at Tampere University of Technology (Tietotalo building, Korkeakoulunkatu 3, Tampere).
- 29.-31.8.2012: UCIT-Prometei Workshop at University of Tampere.
- 9.8.-10.8.2012: "Computational Illumination", a two day short course by prof. Matthew Turk, in series Selected Topics in Human-Computer Interaction.
- 1.6.2012: Miika Valtonen will defend his thesis "Technologies for Smart Environments: Capacitive User Tracking and Proactive Fuzzy Control" at 12 noon in the Auditorium TB103 at Tampere University of Technology (Tietotalo building, Korkeakoulunkatu 3, Tampere).
- 2.4.2012: UCIT board selected 9 new funded students among 35 applicants.
- Doctoral Program in User-Centered Information Technology (UCIT) opens a call for 8 funded positions for the period of 1.4.2012 - 31.12.2013. The deadline for the applications is the 29th of February 2012. More info
- UCIT review seminar for the year 2011 on Nov 28th and 29th at Tampere. More info
- Visiting lectures on perception and attention by Claudia Roda and Ben Tatler 21.-23.11.2011 at UTA. More info
- UCIT encourages its students to participate at the Method festival organized in August at UTA. More info
Doctoral Program in User-Centered Information Technology (UCIT) is a network for doctoral training in the field of user-centered information technology. User-centered information technology is a multidisciplinary research area where various aspects that relate to how humans use technology are studied. The program offers postgraduate education that aims at producing the skills required for conducting research in the area of user-centered information technology. Read more about us.